Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Have you ever been to Verizon Wireless, aka Deer Creek?

What is your opinion of this as a venue? I have no real problem with it except for leaving! It boggles my mind that they built it with nothing but country roads as access and exits.





I'm not sure what they can do to improve it, but after concerts is horrible. It's not unusual, in my experience anyway, for it to take well over an hour just to get to I69. This is longer than our drive home to Columbus (Indiana) once we hit interstate!





This aspect of it alone is enough for me to limit my concerts there to the essentials (like Jimmy Buffett on August 8!). I actually prefer seeing Jimmy in Cincy (which I did June 8), if only for the relative ease in hitting the interstate.





What do you think? Also, I heard Tom Griswold saying something on the air about them improving post-concert traffic in some way, but haven't heard anything else about that. Have you?Have you ever been to Verizon Wireless, aka Deer Creek?
You express the exact reasons that I would never go there, not to mention the drunks and the illegal drug use.





I was unfortunate enough to happen to drive through the area at the wrong time one time, you can bet that will not happen again.





I don't see what the could do in that area except for major road improvements with a lot of additional lanes added. I don't see that happening in such a rural area, unless there is significant funding shared by Deer Creek.Have you ever been to Verizon Wireless, aka Deer Creek?
Yes leaving sucks at that place, what you should do is go there on a off day, there is a back road out of there that bypasses traffic a little bit, pain in the *** to find though.
I have been there. I usually take 238. I live north of Noblesville. When I go there I usually leave 15 minutes before the concert is over so I can get out easier. I also use to work there and there is a couple of roads that you can go on but, at night it is hard to see them. They have a curfew and they can not play after that time. It use to be 11:00. Some bands pay extra to play until 12 but that doesn't happen very often. My advice is leave a little bit earlier. You might miss a little of the concert but the drive might be better.
146th Street will be extended to I-69 (Currently stops at Cumberland Rd.) and will be 4 lanes normally, and 6 lanes approaching the interstate.





SR 238 (Greenfield Ave.) will be extended to 4 lanes as well. Most of this is happening due to the new 700+ acre development called Saxony which is also at exit 10 off of I-69.
yeah- it is a huge problem. Unless you know that backroads which aren't so very back anymore, you can spend at least an hour getting there and at least that leaving. It used to be a great place, now it just stinks! Despite the improvements to be made at 146th and on 238, with the new home developments going in, you won't notice a difference for long!
I have not been for several years, but I know the backroads there very well. I used to park a half mile away and walk in, then walk out, and had little trouble.
  • anti virus
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment