Friday, February 12, 2010

Deer hunters .What are your thoughts on this?

Last night I was talking to a friend and he has a friend who owns a hunting lodge and a fenced in area with very large deer in it . One of these deer will score 300B%26amp;C and if you bring a check for 30K you can kill this deer.This really does not bother me,people can spend their money however they want,but it does not seem much like hunting to me .Maybe I can go to Bass Pro Shops and catch a world record bass out of their fish tank. What do you think about this?Deer hunters .What are your thoughts on this?
Damn that is a weird question.


I totally agree with sammy .


Maybe use of a handgrenade in the fish tank would take the rest of the effort out of catching the bass No worrying about whether the bait will work or having to haul it out of the tank etc . The hand grenade would also provide the end result of the fish being cleaned ,gutted, scaled and turned into sushie with no actual skills or effort on the part of the hunter/ fisherman..


The same goes for hunting in an enclosed area The only part of the scenario is having the deer tethered close enough to the fence for the hunter(?) to be alble to use a crane to move the kill from the park to a transport vehicle.


The other thought I have is Will the animal be used for food or jusy a trophy to decorate a wall . I personally use a lot of antler as grips on hunting knives because I find the surfavce of the antler provides a damned good grip even when wet . The only problem is that I generally have to wander the area long enough to find antler that has been shed by the animal at the end of the season or visit a deer park and retrieve old antler from the owner of the park. That way I dont have to find and kill an animal just for the head ware that it has at the time. I have also discovered that the skin looks a lot better on the deer keeping its insides dry than on a floor or wall gathering dust.\


Once again just my opinion and I stand ready to be corrected and take the flak.Deer hunters .What are your thoughts on this?
that completely defteats the purpose of of hunting, there is absolutely no sport in it at all. In a way its cheating.
sounds like an idiot to me. people who can't hunt in a real timber where the critter can actually run away to a place where your ';guide'; doesn't know where they are just sound pathetic to me. I would like to take him out coyote hunting some night and see how big a boy he is.
Bound's hubby here:





I can appreciate the capitalism behind the ranch owner's offer concerning the record deer. But, IMHO, this is not hunting as I was brought up. I was raised to, and do, hunt to put meat on the table. PERIOD! A nice rack is a dividend.





My first deer was a beautiful 10 pointer ... a trophy for NJ. Again, that rack was a dividend.





Any hunter that wants a record rack should expect to work for it .... not take it on a silver platter! I just can't wait for retirement, so I can indulge my hunting.





If the hunter doesn't sweat it out, risk missing the shot, or freeze while stalking or still hunting the buck, where is the pride in taking such a record creature?
My family owns an elk ranch in Colorado. Originally it was to harvest the velvet and enter in to antler competitions. Mostly just a hobby tho. After awhile we had some really good bulls. A man from texas heard of us and offered us $20000 to come harvest our largest bull. We agreed and the next week he showed up to our door. We had arranged to borrow some fenced in land to put the elk on so he could ';hunt'; it. When we told him our plans he said no Ill just take him down now. He shot it thru the fence cut off the head gave us a $1000 tip and left. He didnt even want the meat. Do I agree with this type of hunting? Not at all but I wont stop anyone from paying me a large amount of money to do it. This is not hunting but to each his own. I could have made this story shorter but Im bored.
yeah its good that there getting rid of them





so i dont hit them with my car as much





but seriousley its fun to go deer hunting
Been huntin' for over 40+yrs. %26amp; still haven't found a way to eat the rack. I wonder when he'll get bored with captive animals %26amp; start on humans? For 40K, he can shoot homeless people, I guess. That's just about as much of a hunt. BIG thumbs down!
If the deer is tied up or penned in where one cannot possibly miss his shot, sure, that is not sporting and perhaps your friend's friend should be reported to the game authorities.





Usually the way this works is that the hunter will pay a standard fee for the right to hunt on that land. Then he pays an additional fee according to the trophy animal he kills. That huge 300 Boone %26amp; Crocket deer is probably the prime trophy on the land. The hunter that shoots it had better be ready to fork out 30K.





H
don't like that either. I HUNT white tail NOT harvest a house pet! the same goes for baiting a bear. thats not hunting. thats like me going to cabelas and I said ';I want to buy that deer right there, the big on the wall.';
Where is this located? Post his name and address. Or, you can report him, collect the reward, and then turn it over to your states hunter education program.
Not really sporting in any capicity.
Yes i agree,,,,, shoot the bastards
your are right. That is taking the true sport out of it
That definetly aint hunting. I don't know why someone would want to fork out that kind of money for a deer. But there are some people with more money than brains.
hi there,this is ranch hunting and not really hunting at all, you could probably call it live targetting, but you have to remember that the owner of this land has protected this animal for a lot of years, and his genes are scattered allthrough the area,and now its time to change the blood line, you allso have to realise this man makes his living from managing his deer farm,and if he can make 30k on a piece of live stock, he should be able to do it...but i sure don't want to hear it called hunting and the person thats paying the 30k should not be called a hunter,,,maybe exicutioner would suit him better
You have already had some good answers and I agree with those who think that this is not hunting, this is just slaughter. No sport is involved. This is simply trophy killing where the game has no chance. Troy Gentry ( of the country group Mongomery Gentry) currently has his in a crack for allegedly doing something similar to this by shooting a supposedly penned up bear. He has pleaded not guilty.


Anybody who thinks this is hunting and forks over big bucks to kill an animal by this means--------well, I have absolutely NO respect for. I think it is about as low as anyone could go to shoot an animal under these conditions.
Kinda takes the hunt out of hunting.
Very sad, I guess not everyone has the ability to be a real hunter.
This is not hunting, this is a turkey shoot. Just line them up and shoot them................No real sport..............
That is not hunting, It just sounds chicken shxt.
if a 300 class buck is killed inside a fence it wil not register in boone and crockett or pope and young so it would only be the thrill of the kill nothing more most record books want accpet a deer beenn shot in captivity not even its a 20 acre area or a 280 thousnd texas ranch no fences!!
I don't have a problem with hunting lodges and the like....as was stated people can spend their money how they choose. However.....if the area is fenced in it is not hunting, and most records will not be accepted if the animal is fenced in and not free to run. Hunting is a number of things.....freezing cold, hiking in to you stand and not getting dropped off 10 feet from it by ATV, its stalking the animal, not driving within 100 yards and stepping out of the truck 10 feet. Hunting is about the thrill of the hunt and not the record buck. As many other people, I hunt to add food to my table....I am just as proud of the doe I shot last year as I am the 6X6 buck I shot the year before....As I said it is not about the rack but the hunt itself....I think in order to be truly proud of what you hunt you have to really work for it and not go the easy way.
cant you idiots see what the anti hunter that posted this ? is doing he is putting hunter against hunter hunting is hunting .your opinion is just that do you bait ?do you hunt from a treestand? thats not right either oh wait thats just my opion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good luck to all the types of hunters not just the ones that do it according to your rules ps email me @trose2006@hotmail.com if you want to talk more iam all for discussion
I think it is wrong and shouldn't count unless it is fair chase.

No comments:

Post a Comment