Friday, February 12, 2010

Whats the deal with the dead deer in the pond in Dances with Wolves?

I just watched the movie and I still don't get that part.Whats the deal with the dead deer in the pond in Dances with Wolves?
The pond was his only water supply. The deer would have drowned in the pond, and would then decompose and spoil his water. he had to get the deer out, so he didn't get sick. He then burnt the deer, cos it would have been easier than burying it.Whats the deal with the dead deer in the pond in Dances with Wolves?
Now why would you go %26amp; say some thing like that?





Now I have to find the movie %26amp; watch it to see that..
Interesting question. I wondered too. I think it was a warning from the Sioux to any other Army personnel who might come along that this was not a safe place for them to be. After all, if the water was poisoned the deer might have died from that. On the DVD one of the interviews says the deer was a real deer; road kill.
  • anti virus
  • 1 comment:

    1. Without a solid explanation, I always assumed this as a form of biological warfare. Maybe the abandoning soldiers' last ditch middle finger to the natives by ruining the water or the Native Americans effort to run the soldiers off. Either way, it was purposeful. Just my theory.

      ReplyDelete