Sunday, February 7, 2010

Hit a deer the other night, how to manually open my hood??

I was driving on the freeway and a deer hopped out in front of me, i have a 1996 vw gti and the hood is pretty bent up so ill need to replace that, my radiator, headlight, passenger side window, and what ever else i find once i get the hood off.... its stuck right now i cant pop it open any ideas on getting that bad boy off??Hit a deer the other night, how to manually open my hood??
if it wont come just by unlocking it from the inside then the out side your best bet is going to any hardware store and buying a universal key its called a crowbarHit a deer the other night, how to manually open my hood??
Well you wont hurt anything if you get rough with it so use long screw drivers or a pry bar to peel up the front of the hood to gain access to the latch. You may need someone to pull back on hood release at the same time. If you can gain access to the hood latch bolts, just remove them.
pry it off man had to do it on my 2002 cav

No comments:

Post a Comment