Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Is deer meat better for you than beef?

Definitely less fat than beef.Venison can have a real gamey taste. It's very good if it's hung long enough. When I prepare it depending on the dish though I add basil and thyme and it really can help with that game taste. If it's something I'm slow cooking in the crock pot Celery and onion are perfect additions.


I've heard some folks say soak the meat in milk and that is supposed to make it good. I don;t do that.


Enjoy. We raised our family with venison as a main staple in their diets. They are a healthy bunch.Is deer meat better for you than beef?
It is considerably leaner, and if taken from the wild has tastes that are far better.


As always though they are never hung long enough before being butchered.Is deer meat better for you than beef?
Its good to mix with regular beef cuz it has less fat %26amp; makes regular beef taste better %26amp; last longer cuz its cheaper then deer meat.
Well it has less fat so I would say yes.


But I'll take the beef and live 2 minutes less.
Less cholesterol and is definitely organic (unless farmed)

No comments:

Post a Comment