Friday, February 5, 2010

Is the Mossberg 12 gauge bolt action a good deer gun?

Yes if you can get it to shoot ammo like the buck-hammer successfully. Slugs and sabots have always been good on deer. I haven't had much luck getting them to group out past 50 yards, but if you're ok with the limited range, you'll be fine.





Just make sure your barrel is no choke before trying to fit slugs and sabots down it.





Buckshot - I wouldn't recommend it any situation. Short range and messy.Is the Mossberg 12 gauge bolt action a good deer gun?
Oh dear god yes. 12 gauge slugs will do the trick. You know I took my first deer when I was about twelve with a 20 gauge bolt mossy? Great guns. Not too much to look at, and sure they aren't ';tacticool';, but they work damn good for what they are. I will say an emphatic ';yes';. They are as good as any other shotgun out there (any other bolt action shotguns to be precise)... Load it up with slugs, stay under 100 yards and you are good to go!Is the Mossberg 12 gauge bolt action a good deer gun?
Mossburg stinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment