Friday, February 5, 2010

What is the differance between a buck an a stag when talking about deer?

A buck is a young male and a stag is an old male. Bambie was the buck, his father was the wise old stag LOLWhat is the differance between a buck an a stag when talking about deer?
I believe both mean a male but the preferred term varies from species to species and perhaps from region to region.What is the differance between a buck an a stag when talking about deer?
a buck has a full rack of antlers --- I think a stag is much younger and I believe both are male
Not to sound foolish but isn't a buck a male and a stag a female.
In our area it's 'buck' for male deer, and the term 'stag' is usually left as a reference for male ELK.
A stag is a rooster under two years old. There is no stag referring to deer. A buck is a male dear w/ horns one old enough to reproduce a doe is a female dear.
I have heard of a stag party
they are both MALE deer.
my husband says a buck is a male, a female is a doe. a stag deer is a type of deer not the sex of a deer.
a buck is grown a stag isnt
I think usually in England they are called stags and in America they are called bucks but I think they are just about the same.....the male of a species of deer.

No comments:

Post a Comment