Friday, February 5, 2010

I need a 15 inch deer feeder lid. . . any ideas?

I have a 15 gallon drum, that takes a 15 inch OD round lid. The lid I had is rusted through. Does anyone know where to find a 15 inch round lid, or have any ideas for what to use for a lid? I have googled and searched everything I can think of. 30 and 55 gallon, I would have no problems, but 15 seems to be impossible to find. ThanksI need a 15 inch deer feeder lid. . . any ideas?
The easy fix is to go down to the local Home depot or hardware store, look for a overflow container for a small hot water heater. Some people call them drip pans or catch pans. I use these on my deer feeders and they come in all sizes. All I do is drill two holes 180 degrees apart and secure them to the feeder with two bungee cords. No handles, tools, or metal bands to deal with. I have a couple of small 5 gallon bucket drop feeders that I use the lid of a garbage can for and it does a good job as well. Good luck.I need a 15 inch deer feeder lid. . . any ideas?
You could also go to Lowes and look at the lids they have for the 5 gallon buckets they sell. They sell the 5 gallon buckets like tar and plaster comes in. They are clean. I bought a 5 gallon bucket and the lid and made my own feeder. I camo'd it with Krylon camo paint and added a dusk/dawn sensor and motor. It operates just like the Moultrie feeders.





Lowes may have something that will work easily for you. If I remember right the 15 gallon drum is about the same diameter as the 5 gallon buckets, the 15 gallon is just taller in size.
SM has the right idea. If you wish to go even cheaper, look around your house for a piece of plywood. Cut it to overlap the barrel and use eye hooks and bungee cords to hold it down. It works great.
4x 16 galvanize (similar to oil catch pan)water//feed pan at feed store add springs on hooks to it eye lets on barrle at 5 inches,, third spring unhook , fold lid back over like hinge,,

No comments:

Post a Comment