Friday, February 5, 2010

I recently adopted a 2 yr old minpin, Onyx. He has only one issue, he's crazy about chasing deer. What 2 do?

I live on a lake in the mountains and the deer r all around. Onyx minds very well until he sees the deer and then he's gone...and doesn't come back for hours at time. It's much too dangerous for him out alone in the forest, so this problem needs to be corrected ASAP!! I am afraid for his safety. Thanks,I recently adopted a 2 yr old minpin, Onyx. He has only one issue, he's crazy about chasing deer. What 2 do?
I also own a minpin, Brutus. And given the chance, he will run off like Onyx. This seems to be a trait of the minpin, mine goes nuts over anything that walks, crawls, or even flies (and yes, even on a clunky tie out, he can catch plenty of birds). I don't have a fenced yard, but I put him on a harness and a tie out. (I did have to go with a medium strength cable since he actually broke the lighter weight cable.) You might want to consider a tie-out if you don't have too many things for him to get tangled up in. I think that the invisible fence can be adjusted for the size of the dog. That might be an option for you. I just think that the shock is too cruel and won't do it. I've had luck with the tie out and will continue to use it until I get a fence.I recently adopted a 2 yr old minpin, Onyx. He has only one issue, he's crazy about chasing deer. What 2 do?
take him hunting!
taek it to a vet and get them to teach it not to, or get a training book or something.
buy a lion so the deer population will decrease!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment